Breast Check Radiography Study Day 17th May 2019 Mater Dublin
IIRRT Patient Wellness during Radiotherapy Study Day WIT Arena Waterford 11th May 2019
Aim of the Study Day
To provide a programme which focuses on how radiation therapists can help to support patients on their cancer journey with knowledge and information about more holistic aspects of health and wellbeing.
To hear from a previous patient about her experience in a cancer centre – the good and bad aspects.
- To learn what ‘Patient Wellness’ is.
- To explore interventions such as exercise and breath awareness to aid in patient wellbeing and recovery.
- To learn about the various support and counselling services available to patients in the South East Area.
- To gain information about national campaigns which help patients feel confident in their appearance after a cancer diagnosis/and or treatments.
- To hear about why eating well is such an important aspect of cancer survivorship and also what psychological therapies are available to support patients, cancer survivors and their families.
- Gain an insight into geriatric oncology and the guidelines for treating patients with dementia.
- An update on current clinical trials.